I had been noticing for weeks that they never actually played with their toy kitchen. They use it for storage but never "cook" on it. It just takes up precious floorspace. And then yesterday, the back fell off, serendipitously, I thought. So I moved it to the porch, telling them it was broken and we didn't need it anymore. Sis actually said, "goodbye, kitchen," and just kept going.
And today I posted to my playgroup that I was giving it away and it was claimed immediately. And my friend came and got it today, just as we were pulling in the driveway from our morning outing.
Sis, who has been sensitive and crying at the drop of a hat, lost it completely, deciding suddenly that it was her favorite toy, that she uses it when I'm not looking (when is that?), and that it is in her second favorite color (blue). But I let the kitchen go. Because my kids don't use it. Because we don't have space for it. Because they're getting all new toys. Because I said my friend could have it.
But I imagine Sis will be in therapy for this in twenty years.
I might be too.
No comments:
Post a Comment