I had my little playgroup birthday party, postponed once, and greatly anticipated by my kiddos, who felt sorry for me on Saturday that no one was coming over to party! So we did it today (thanks for coming and helping me celebrate!), complete with pinata and cupcakes. The cupcakes were very good--good with chocolate frosting from a can but great with a little more marmalade! Though, I think the kids mostly enjoyed decorating them and didn't actually eat the cupcakes. Definitely a do-again, though I think it might be too soft a crumb to convert into a quick bread (and as you know, I'm looking for a marmalade quick bread).
-=-=-=-=-=-
Marmalade Cupcakes
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup orange marmalade, plus more for topping (I used the not-so-sweet Bonne Maman)
1 cup buttermilk
Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with paper baking cups (it said 18 but ours made 22).
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; mix well. Fold in half of flour mixture just until moistened. Mix in 1 cup marmalade and remaining flour mixture. Stir in buttermilk; do not overmix.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Top with additional marmalade (or, for Sis, chocolate frosting).
my cupcake box
No comments:
Post a Comment