Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

First, a Gommie update: She is on the train and will be in here in less than 2 hours, right after dark. YAY!!!!

And to pass the last, most painful hour, we are watching cookie tv. Sis had been sending email to Mama, and, during Buddy's turn, she was looking at my new cookie magazine (I'm always buying those cookie magazines this time of year). And so I asked if she wanted to watch "cookie tv."

She is mesmerized. "I didn't know there was cooking tv," she said. First, it was Paula Deen, but the peanut butter in the monster cookies, which she can't eat yet, made Sis wary. She was curious about Sandra Lee's cookie candy canes. But it was Ellie Krieger's Triple Chocolate Cookies that had her hooked, "Mom did you know there are different kinds of flours? And look at that chocolate!"

Now it's Alton Brown, a favorite of Mama, Goo, and me, with Santa.

Luckily, I have two cookie specials taped. That should get us to Gommie's arrival!

-=-=-=-=-=-
Update: Bud's favorite chef and recipe was Emeril's Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies. Inspired by the show, we're off to bake, though it'll have to be a cookie I have the ingredients for (which doesn't include any of the above. Maybe that long awaited gingerbread).

No comments:

Post a Comment