Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow, A No-Go

My kiddos love snow. Love, love, love. The pretty falling flakes, the accumulation, making snow people, painting snow, making snow ice cream, making snow candy, having snow ball fights, making angels. You name it, they love it.

Except when it's somewhere else.

And it's snowing in Houston! Gommie just called us all excited. I can name on one hand the number of times snow ever fell from the sky in the 18 years that I lived in Houston--and none of those times did it stick. But today, Gommie and Pop are watching snow fall and it's supposed to accumulate 2-4", a very respectable snow. Practically a blizzard for Texas! And I'm tickled for them.

But my kids are jealous. Pea-green with envy. Pissy and pouty. Grumpy and groany. They want snow here. Not there. And I guess, at the tender age of four, they just don't have much of a sense of happiness for other people's happiness if they don't get some too.

Oh, well. It'll snow here eventually. Just not today.

But I'm glad it's snowing on Gommie and Pop.




No comments:

Post a Comment