Thursday, December 24, 2009

GINGERBREAD!!!!!


I have FINALLY made the gingerbread cookie dough that I have been hoping to make for weeks, if not longer. I have dreams of decorating perfectly-formed men, women, houses, and snowflakes, inspired by my various cookie books and Wilton decorating materials. Of course, it won't turn out anything like that, as the kids and I mangle the soft dough, forming crooked figures, and then slapdashedly decorate the cookies this afternoon in the midst of the rest of the holiday hubbub. Then we'll munch on the bits, take a few to church, and give the best one to Santa. While not the dream, it's still pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Santa this afternoon, he was on a bicycle, peddling like fury, I suspect he had stopped at the pub for a breather and the reindeer had gone off on their own. Alas, no camera. Just trust me.

    ReplyDelete