We're starting candy week, when we make several different candies for preschool and church school teachers, this afternoon with a trip to the store to get supplies. Because we'll be making some or all of these:
Chocolate-covered pretzels--the kids' number one favorite
I read the piece about BPA in Wikipedia and have no doubt it is harmful to humans, rats and probably most living things but surely the point at issue is the toxicity of the materials it helps to make as well as the amount of BPA left free after manufacturing as well as the safety of the manufacturing workers. I did not see that subject addressed, perhaps I missed it. I have known for over 60 years that so called plasticisers can be leached (dissolved) out of 'plastic' materials and such plasticisers can upset other porcesses but that still does not mean that food in plastic containers always becomes contaminated. The subject, I suggest, needs more investigation. There was a time when intelligent men considered that a woman's brain was unable to handle medical training, the 'same' men considered that people would collapse if they travelled at over 30 mph in a motor car or on a steam loco. You get my drift. I expect many people were hesitant about glass bottles when they first came out as many people are to-day about GM food.
I read the piece about BPA in Wikipedia and have no doubt it is harmful to humans, rats and probably most living things but surely the point at issue is the toxicity of the materials it helps to make as well as the amount of BPA left free after manufacturing as well as the safety of the manufacturing workers. I did not see that subject addressed, perhaps I missed it. I have known for over 60 years that so called plasticisers can be leached (dissolved) out of 'plastic' materials and such plasticisers can upset other porcesses but that still does not mean that food in plastic containers always becomes contaminated. The subject, I suggest, needs more investigation. There was a time when intelligent men considered that a woman's brain was unable to handle medical training, the 'same' men considered that people would collapse if they travelled at over 30 mph in a motor car or on a steam loco. You get my drift. I expect many people were hesitant about glass bottles when they first came out as many people are to-day about GM food.
ReplyDelete