Thursday, June 2, 2011

Still on the Right Path

Two weeks out from my epidural and I'm on the right track. I just spoke to my doctor and I'll be both upping my walking to 20 minutes twice a day, plus anything else I can tolerate, and trying to wean myself of my very comforting brace. The latter will be the hard part, as I feel very safe in it.

But weirdest/best of all? I'm going to give sitting a try this weekend.

Yep, very good. But also very scary. I've been reading American Buddhist nun Pema Chodron's When Things Fall Apart, in which she advocates her teacher Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche's lesson that you must lean into sharp points. Because, as a sign she once posted up said,
Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible be found in us.


No comments:

Post a Comment