Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Dream of Pavlova


You know that part in Moonstruck when Cher's fiancé tells her that, upon hearing of their engagement, his dying mother miraculously got out of bed and began to cook?

Today, I had that feeling myself. I saw the picture above on Baking Banter from King Arthur Flour and wanted to miraculously hop out of bed and make one. I've never had a Pavlova before and think it will be one of the first things I make when I'm back in my kitchen, using their recipe. Crunchy airy cookie. Creamy whipped cream. Juicy sweet fruit. (Hmm, Lambeth, sounds a bit like an Eton mess, right?)

Mmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. ABSER-LUTELY

    Make that just once and they will NEVER let you out of the kitchen again

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! call me when it's on the table. i'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete