Monday, June 13, 2011

Feet First

I went to the orthopedist today, despite my antipathy for its practitioners, seeing an orthopedic PA instead. She confirmed the plantar fasciitis in my foot, got me a night splint to keep my foot from cramping overnight, set up a PT order, and had a trainer go over stretches with me. I had been doing everything pretty much correctly, thanks to the internet (which had allowed me to self-diagnose before seeing any doctor). Well, I hadn't done the roll your foot across a frozen juice can, but will be trying that one later. She said the pain should decrease relatively quickly. It's already better than yesterday and the day before so here's hoping . . . . by the way, I realize it's just another thing I have in common with elite athletes (along with my doctor, steroids, narcotics, needles, and I forget what else)--it's usually marathoners and runners who get this!

1 comment:

  1. Over here it is also known as 'Policeman's heel'.
    At one time policemen were known as 'Peelers' after Robert Peel who founded the first public police force. Peelers became corrupted to 'Bobbies' and the name lives on.

    ReplyDelete