Friday, June 10, 2011

Five Days and Counting

Today is our fifth day on our vegan/GF-free/no caffeine/no refined sugar "cleanse." And I must say, it hasn't been what I expected. I'm hungry and craving a lot. I'm hoping this will pass. I don't have the extra energy everyone always talks about; in fact, I've taken more naps than usual. And I haven't lost an ounce. Even though I'm drinking lots of water. So far, I'm not feeling it.

Which means, I'll probably do two weeks! Yep, if one doesn't work, I think I'll need two. Just to give it a fair shot. I am enjoying a reawakened palate, a renewed appreciation of simple food. So that's a plus. Besides, it's very close to the anti-inflammation diet my physiatrist suggests.

Now, before you worry. I'm eating enough: 6-8 servings of fruits and vegetables; nuts and grains (mixed nuts, cashews, brown rice); protein (beans, beans, beans, a little tofu). Plus my multi-vitamin. And some small bits of dark chocolate.

Maybe my body just has a lot of cleansing and toxin-dumping to do . . . .

1 comment:

  1. We were out to lunch to-day at a pub dating back to 1135, yes 1135, and I had Green pea soup with Loveage or apeaceia. It was superb. I have no idea how it was done but go to www.coachinginn.co.uk, you want The Olde Bell at Hurley. Edward VII slept next door with his 'friend' Lilly Langtry. General Eisenhower ate near there and a King's sister is buried in the nearby church. I used the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete