Friday, June 17, 2011

Keeps Going


Well, today I said goodbye to ibuprofen, after a quick-onset itchy throat (NOT a tight throat--I had not trouble breathing) an hour or so after taking some advil. And then it responded to benadryl.

So I made an appointment with an allergist who can test for medicinal allergies.

Then I'll be buying one of those swanky medical bracelets.

And taking double fish oil everyday for inflammation, a la my physiatrist. Plus continuing with the anti-inflammation diet (which is a lot like our vegan cleanse; article here, specifics here), especially because it can take a few weeks to kick in.

I have to admit, it makes me pretty nervous to lose out on non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which have gotten me through several bouts of back pain and enabled me to get back on my feet, literally, each time.

As the bracelet above says, you gotta have hope . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment