Monday, June 6, 2011

The Weekend

The weekend was everything we expected and more. Probably most importantly, I had my first non-medical outing in two months!! I went to the birthday party of Mama Teacher, where we ate yummy brunch foods and also did stamped crafts with a consultant. I managed to stay at the party about an hour and a half, longer than I expected (greatly helped by being able to lie down in a back bedroom). It was great to see friends and eat a ton of egg dishes and breads and strawberry shortcake, all not on my vegan cleanse this week. And I bought some stamps. And when it was all said and done, I was only tired, nothing more, which is a great achievement. Happy early birthday, Mama Teacher!

Babysitter came on Friday and again on Sunday, much to the delight of the kiddos. It was just like old times for all of us, felt good to have her back in the family fold. Because after 5 1/2 years together, she is family. We hope to see her a lot more over the summer.

Otherwise, it was a pretty relaxing weekend. The kids had kung fu and then ran errands with Mama, mainly to get me a standing desk so that I can do things standing up without having to lean over. I spent a lot of time downstairs while they played Legos and did puzzles. We also watched another Tinkerbell movie, which we like.

And I think it's just going to keep getting better . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment