Monday, June 6, 2011

Vegan Pledge: Day One

So today started our one (or two) week vegan cleanse. I had blueberries and cherries and a banana and an apple today, plus vegetable bean soup and chickpea curry, strawberries and almond milk, and mixed nuts. And a chai tea (thanks, Mrs. S!). Similarly, Mama had, among other things, herbal tea and salad and the chickpea curry. And it all went very well.

I've learned a few things already:
  • I eat a lot of wheat, dairy, and eggs, using it to add substance and satisfaction to my vegetarian meals.
  • I don't think I've ever eaten that many servings of fruit in one day in my life.
  • I need to get better at eating filling foods or at least combining things in my meals and snacks. I was ridiculously hungry by dinner, having not spaced it all well. A handful of cherries is nice but not super-filling as my afternoon snack.
So far, so good.

2 comments:

  1. Just make sure you are never too far from a bathroom...I am serious...I speak/write as one who has been caught out.

    ReplyDelete