Monday, November 9, 2009

Warp Speed: Unweaving

I had about 20 minutes of weaving time this morning and about 4" to go to my next scarf pattern change, with no real intention of getting there today. But I must have been in the zone because I got very close. Then I realize that I had made a minor mistake--I'd started my warp-faced stripe without finishing my weft-faced stripe (I think those are the right terms). So I had to unweave three rows, which doesn't sound like a lot, but a). I couldn't quite tell which three rows I had done and needed to do some trial and error to figure it out and b). I was disappointed to realize, having gotten closer than I expected, that I wouldn't get to the next section--I know it shouldn't matter but these little milestones are important. Except that I did. I was closer than I thought, but also had misread the clock by a few minutes. So, after carefully unweaving (and getting on the right side of that hanging selvage), I did about 12 picks and was done! That leaves about 21" left to go! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment