I'm kinda bummed that there is no farm pick-up today. For close to 5 months, our Friday routine has been to drive out to the farm (ironically, sometimes with happy meals in tow, if it were after school and thus lunchtime), pick up our box, and shop at the farmstand. Not today. While I'm glad in several ways to save us the hour-long outing, I'm going to miss the box. Luckily, I have Brussel sprouts, broccoli, and butternut squash in the house, so I won't be completely bereft.
And kudos to Cousin S for trying those Brussel sprouts! But tell me, how do you make a bread dipping sauce?
'Bread dipping sauce' is probably the wrong title to give what is basically olive oil and whatever spice(s) you think will taste good. Some restaurants present it instead of chips & salsa as you wait for your meal. I think I've only every had it at Italian restaurants. They bring a basket of breads, place a saucer on the table, fill it with good olive oil and grind fresh black pepper into it. The diner grabs some bread and starts sopping it up. I like it with the salt in it, too.
ReplyDeleteI guess "sauce" is the problem word. I just haven't been able to think of a word to describe it more accurately.