Just when I thought the kiddos had given up on playing trains, to the point that we had dismantled their train table this weekend to store for awhile and not bought tickets to attend Day Out With Thomas for the first time in three years, their interest in trains has returned. In fact, they are watching "Thomas and Friends" as I type, with their little trains--Thomas and Rosie--in hand.
But I don't think we'll be pulling that train table out anytime soon. I think it's too small! Their current layout, with multiple tracks and several features (bridge, wash, roundhouse), takes up the entire floor space of the 1st floor playroom, about 8 x 8' (because the igloos are still out, too!). Much bigger than their table. For now, it's fine in the playroom, but I'm hoping to relocate all the little pieces--the bane of my existence, for we have 1000s of little pieces in this house--to the basement once this current layout is demolished.
Mama's in on the train action too, being late to leave both yesterday and today as she helped with track layout and then stopping by the toy store to replace Sis's broken self-propelled engine. If this keeps up, I wonder if we'll have a train set under our Christmas tree?? I think Pop would like that. Though, I'm not sure Mama is ready to share her special limited edition Hogwarts Express HO set just yet, which might mean there are more trains in our future!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment