Monday, November 16, 2009

10-Digit Delay

Connecticut has gone to 10-digit dialing. Without the 1-prefix. Even in your own area code. We had plenty of warning but couldn't practice. Everytime I added the area code before the new dialing started on Saturday, I was told I didn't need it and had to start all over again. So suddenly we're to 10 digits. Which would be fine except all our phones need to be reprogrammed. And you can't just insert the area code. You have to delete the whole number and start over again. Which for me means writing it down somewhere and then typing it back in; I don't trust just memorizing it because all I need to do is be off one number and then not only do I harass some stranger but I have to find the original number and do it all over again (trust me, I did it. Once). And then, when I synched the 3 phones and base at home, they kept the old numbers too! So I have to go back and delete those. On every set.

So, if you're in Connecticut and you don't hear from me for awhile, you know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment