Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Live: Babysitting

I'm babysitting the turkey while everyone else walks to "Goose Poop" Park, which has a new playset. We discovered the new playset earlier this week and spent more than an hour playing there. I'm okay staying home because it means I can watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade live, though we're recording it for later. The parade is always a real highlight for me, both from childhood when we'd watch it on tv, from when I lived half a block off Times Square and would walk over to see it, and the last and best time when Banana got us tickets in the bleachers of the UWS! I still cry every time Santa appears at the end. So, I'm sitting here with a cup of tea (a special chocolate-raspberry dessert tea) watching floats and marching bands.

Otherwise, we've
  • put together the race track and had numerous contests. Bud particularly likes "tackling" the other cars (he doesn't realize that there is a spot on the track that causes crashes and that it's not him);
  • played with the globe and identified North America as well as the Ishtar Gate;
  • patched Shirt in several places, though Ma didn't finish before the outing to the park so there are probably still 7-10 to patch;
  • eaten breakfast--egg and sausage sandwiches on Portuguese rolls, persimmons, and banana bread, with coffee and tea.
Bud just came back--he slid down a wet slide at the park and needed new pants. Now they're all heading to the cul-de-sacs with the tricycles. So, after Cyndi Lauper, atop a pink castle, finishes her song, I'll head out. Oooh, they just said that Yo Gabba Gabba is going to be on later. The kids will like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment