I have almost finished Mama's scarf!!!!! I finished the pattern in plum today, adding something like 8 inches yesterday and almost 13 inches today!! I had a few mis-weaves that I had to go back and fix as well as some brake trouble (it's an old loom and not in the best repair; that's next). I only need to add about 12 picks of indigo plainweave, then hemstitch, cut it from the loom, and do the tassles. So, still a few hours of work (tassles take a long time), but essentially the scarf is done!!!! And it turned out so much prettier than I expected. I chose great colors and Mama chose a great pattern. I can't wait to see it off-loom! Merry Christmas, Mama!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Warp Speed: Almost There
I have almost finished Mama's scarf!!!!! I finished the pattern in plum today, adding something like 8 inches yesterday and almost 13 inches today!! I had a few mis-weaves that I had to go back and fix as well as some brake trouble (it's an old loom and not in the best repair; that's next). I only need to add about 12 picks of indigo plainweave, then hemstitch, cut it from the loom, and do the tassles. So, still a few hours of work (tassles take a long time), but essentially the scarf is done!!!! And it turned out so much prettier than I expected. I chose great colors and Mama chose a great pattern. I can't wait to see it off-loom! Merry Christmas, Mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Make sure you weave in her name and your own trade mark, a Texas star perhaps with a twist (no points)
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful. Something I'd enjoy learning, I think. As if I need another activity to keep me from cleaning, etc!
ReplyDelete