Thursday, January 15, 2009

Delayed

School has only been delayed, not cancelled, which means the kiddos have school this morning--for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Enough time for me to grab some coffee and wait to pick them up. It's no secret that I am extremely uncomfortable driving in snow, especially falling snow that hasn't been ploughed. And we're having snow, from now til noonish. But, I also have some mommy pride--if there is school, I shouldn't let a little thing like fear keep them from getting there. Except. Except, Mama has cleaned my car and shoveled the drive but if more collects, I can't clear the driveway myself. And then I'd have to drive in it. So, partially, attendance today is going to depend on just how much falls between now and then. Two hours is a long time for snow to gather. I wish they'd just called it, as, I'm sure, all the kids in the region do. So far, I've told the kiddos I don't know if there is school. And they are young enough to believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment