Turn off the engines. Discipline TV and computer usage and reduce artificial distraction, escapism, and stimulation. This begins with you.
And so I am here to declare Thursdays "Turn Off Your Blog" day (though it might sound better if it were "Tuesday Turn Off Your Blog Day"). I'm going to see what happens when I intentionally stay away from my blog (but not email or the NYTimes. Let's not be crazy here. Though, that probably means I should try i t!) for one day a week--and that's not just publishing, but writing as well (because it wouldn't count if I wrote a post and then just postdated it!). Starting tomorrow.
Let's see if I can do it. Let's see if I even remember. Let's see if it matters.
I'll let you know . . . on Friday!
(And I might just have to squeeze in a few more posts tonight!)
No comments:
Post a Comment