Thursday, January 21, 2010
My New Lexus
I've been playing on the Lexus of treadmills at my workout place these last few days, the Gait Trainer 2 by Biodex, which is intended to help rehabilitate people but can also be used as a plain old treadmill. Except there is nothing plain about it: my favorite part is the heart rate monitor---through the handles!!! I love to watch my heart rate change. In fact, the whole screen, with it's faux track to indicate my "laps," other measurements such as calories burned, distance traveled, and miles per hour, all in neat-to-read digital format, makes it fun to "play." In fact, just being on it has me doubling my workout time without really noticing, mainly because I get so bored on the regular treadmill, even with my music headset. But this thing is great. Almost makes me want to go back to the gym everyday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have been doing the treadmill regularly for 18 years, dead boring but you can watch the numbers changing and do mental arithmetic with them, such as how many calories per minutes. Another thing is to read a book, I find that reduces my heart rate and passes the time, try any by Bill Bryson.
ReplyDelete