Friday, January 29, 2010
Back Again
Good morning! So, a whole 24 hours without posting . . . and I realized something: I think of blogging as a delayed, rather one-sided conversation, but social nonetheless because I think of friends and family reading, reacting, and sometimes responding. And I do it to keep myself from being lonely for adult company on long days at home, in addition to the stated purposes of getting updates to said family and friends as well as recording for memory's sake our experiences and activities. But it was clear to me yesterday that it was more than that. And that I missed it. Not blogging was like not talking to anyone, even if oftentimes people don't respond right away (but they do respond, which means yesterday in my email were responses about not blogging--a delay, but a back and forth). I found myself missing my side of the chat. And so I emailed some people to check in instead, phone calls still being rather difficult to manage satisfactorily for long periods of time (so, I wasn't really on the computer less, but I thought about it less, after awhile, instead of planning my next post, which meant I was more present with the kids, which definitely has value). Of course, it didn't help that it was an especially interesting day (snow, oatmeal bread, date with Mama) that would have suggested several posts, but I'll just do them today (and if they are a bit condensed, well, I'm too wordy regularly anyway). And I'll probably be skipping blogging again next Thursday, if only to see what else I can learn about myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment