Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

Ma and Gong came up from the city yesterday to go to school with Bud and Sis, a much-anticipated treat for everyone. It was only coincidence that it was their first day back in school in two weeks. And I think having grandparents there eased the transition for what was otherwise kind of a rough day back (Sis slipped on her way up the ramp and shed more tears and was more clingy than usual--emotions were very much on the surface.). All through lunch, they talked of the arts and crafts they made, the orchestra they conducted in the dramatic play area, and Beethoven. Yes, they learned about Beethoven. (Next week, I'll be there teaching them about Michelangelo! More on that later). We got home around 1 pm, and spent the next three hours doing origami (Ma is a pro with boxes and balls, chairs and tables), making masks, practicing ribbon dancing, and structuring marble runs. And while Sis was upset when they had to go, it was a good day.

Today, on the other hand, has started poorly. I was up at 4 a.m. with a bizarre nightmare that I was some mountain hiker who tangled with a mountain lion; then the radiators got going and the eerie noise kept me awake until Sis got up to go the bathroom around 5 a.m. Both she and I have been coughing since then (well, she stopped a bit ago and is asleep again), to the point that I came downstairs to drink tea and cough by myself. Good morning. I suspect the cold, or a new one, is winding its way back through the family. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Which means I hope they're going to school tomorrow and that this little coughing/dripping jag is temporary. I'm tired of us being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment