Oh, no . . . the NYTimes is going to start charging me to read more than a few articles a month online! What about my daily read? What about all the links on my blog? What about all their blogs? What about their article archives? How much will I pay? Will I pay? Oh, no, oh, no, say it ain't so. I wouldn't pay them the last time, when they limited the editorials. I wouldn't pay Salon before that when they took most of their content away. Can I give up my NYTimes habit? Is the Times (of London) free?
Until then . . . . what I'm reading these days:
- Apparently, we're gluttons during the holiday in spite of calorie postings! But who eats at Starbucks?
- And apparently, kids eat all the time--snacking is up, meals are down. And I thought my kids had several at two a day--while 3-4 is mentioned as common in this article.
- For my nurse friends/family, in an emergency, are you a nurse or a family member? Read oncology nurse Brown in another great post.
- Hard to be a hoarder . . . a post about clutter and a new tv show.
- Why are professors liberal? Call it typecasting . . .
- Young people spend all of their awake, non-school time online--that's 11 1/2 hours a day. What will it be when Bud and Sis are teens?
- I'm still reading and digesting this article on working women in Germany. More later.
- Do you lock your doors?
- If it involves school, children, and parents in NYC, there's bound to be a controversy. This one's about a garden.
- Sitting too long = dying younger
- Mmmm, risottos!
- Is the environment ruining your marriage?
- If it's zero degrees in your bedroom, you must live in a yurt in Alaska!
- Kids speaking out for gay marriage--wouldn't it be nice if this weren't still an issue when Bud and Sis are old enough to testify?
- Hey, moms, what do you do with your 30+ hours of "leisure" a week?
- Finally, if your password is on this list, go change it.
No comments:
Post a Comment