As soon as they could, my kids dumped their stashes and waded through the loot, which included bubbles, a bracelet, tattoos, candy, and, perhaps their favorite, prismatic glasses that create rainbows when you look at the light (I had a silver-gray pair that I was immensely fond of as a kid). They wore them all through lunch and were just astounded at the colors everywhere.
Unlike last year, the kiddos could identify some of the names written so carefully on the cards, just as they could in turn write their own whole names on their own cards. And I think they understood that these valentines are expressions of friendship.
Now that the school cards are done, we have a few more to make, mainly for all of our family members (which, considering I haven't managed to finish Christmas cards, practically makes us early!). They're looking forward to doing that this afternoon. Until then, happy early hearts day to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment