Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Snowball Fight!
Who can resist going out in the snow? And so, knowing the winds would pick up and the snow would grow heavier, we all suited up to enjoy outside (I still love my snow pants). The kids helped shovel the walks and driveway with the new mini-shovels I found at the store yesterday. They loved making pathways in the approximately 2-3" we already had. I think another inch fell while we were outside, for their paths quickly filled up. The best part was the snowball fight we had all over the backyard, alternately doing moms vs. kids, purples vs. blues (based on coat color), 3 against 1 mom. Fun! I scraped most of my snow off the top of the little house, which then also served as a blockade for me. The kids are very adept at chasing the unbroken bits of the balls Mama and I throw and using those as their own, not quite having the hang of making snowballs yet. We have a no-faces rule, which is hard because everyone's aim (well, except maybe Mama's) is a little off-kilter. As the snow got heavier and heavier (and is even more heavier now), we decided to come in for, you guessed it, popcorn balls and hot chocolate. (We're saving the snow ice cream for our afternoon snack!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment