Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Good Morning

There is snow, thick and clumpy on every outdoor surface. Beautiful, except to Mama who has to shovel and then drive to work. But for what we have been calling the "twin trio"--me and the kids--it's a snow day because there is no school this week for most of Connecticut. It's winter break (get this Texans, they have spring break, too! But then they go to school here until almost the end of June!)

Anyway, Sis is still sound asleep, which is good. And Bud and I are watching Men's Snowboard Cross, from last night--he likes how fast they go, how high they fly. He also liked watching Bode Miller's downhill run--"Mommy, can I do that?" Only with a helmet and padding, I'd say, and a safety net. Have I told you I can't ski or skate and don't really like mountains? And I usually prefer my snow from inside the house, like today, or in small forays into the backyard.

So, we'll see what today brings, playdates or home time. Baking and arts and crafts. Maybe an indoor obstacle course and some Olympic races.

Because it's winter. And it's a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment