The kids are playing "hunt for the elusive black beasts of the Rainbow River woods."
Which translates into "chase the cats around the house." And this time they have noisy walkie-talkies. And something that beeps like a car alarm that is supposed to help them find the cats.
Except the kiddos didn't notice at all that Albus was crouched under the desk, between my feet, hiding from them in plain sight, as they stood on either side of me asking if I'd seen the cats.
Poor cats.
But at least they're getting better at it.
Because they used to just run up and down away from the kids, never finding good hiding spots. Which seems ridiculous, considering that their cats and can a). jump up high on bookcases and such (or the kitchen cabinets), b). run fast and c). hide in very small places, like behind the piano.
(And before any PETA people get upset, I never let the game go on long or past the cats' tolerance.)
Get this one about a hidden cat. Talking to a friend of my age who I first met when we were 5 but have not seen for 60 years I heard that she lost her cat...totally gone in a rural setting. Then out of the blue it appeared all cheerful, an investigation followed and it had been living in a fold up chair which when unfolded produced 2 kittens.
ReplyDelete