Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blood in the Basement

(that sounds like it should be a Halloween post, no?)

"Mommy," they called up from the basement playroom as I was cleaning up breakfast this morning, "there are brown spots all over the basement."

Oh, heavens.

Blood.

But I knew the two cats were fine, had been wandering around this morning, had slept with Mama and I half the night, even if they hadn't eaten much of their dinner from yesterday.

And now I know why.

They had a mouse midnight snack.

Or at least that's my best guess since there are no remainders yet discovered to give me a clue. And the cats don't have any injuries--the vet (yes, I called the vet. These are indoor cats and there isn't usually blood) said it might have been a torn nail or pad. But they are strangely perky, even feral, this morning.

I'm guessing they got in touch with their inner cat last night.

Cat food and cloth mice are going to be such a disappointment for them from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment