It started coming down sometime after 2 a.m., I think, and is now really starting to pick up with wind and heavier snowfall. Gommie just keeps looking out the window, exclaiming at the beauty, at the size of the flakes, at the constancy of it. But she doesn't really want to go out. When the kids ventured out onto the porch and into the snow in their pjs and tennis shoes to put out our snow cream bowls, Gommie wouldn't even step onto the porch. I'm not sure she's actually going to enjoy, say, making snow angels! The kids, on the other hand, are rearing to go. They don't care that the snow is now blowing horizontally. So, I'm going to hold back one group and coax the other.
But we have all day to do our usual snow activities--snow cream, hot chocolate, popcorn balls, snowballs, snow angels, shoveling (for fun)--because school has been canceled across the state. So, enjoy your snow day, Connecticut!
And Gommie!
No comments:
Post a Comment