Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One More Interesting Article

Okay, so the kids are resting with Mama and I'm playing on the computer, catching up with my reading. No, as you've noticed, I don't like reading the news articles beyond the headlines (so I can understand what's going on with Madoff or Hamas), but prefer the "human interest"-type articles. I am a social art historian, after all.

So, just now, besides the artile on how much "Diamond Jim" Brady could eat, I read about 20 healthy foods under $1. I should've listed it in that other post that lowering our food bill is a top priority for 2009. Tara Parker-Pope's Well blog, the other one I read after Motherlode and The New Old Age, has the list plus several links to healthy and cheap eats.

I would've included lentils, but I don't know how much they come to in a serving. The NYTimes link and the original site, Divine Caroline, have links to recipes for each ingredient.

1. Oats
2. Eggs
3. Kale
4. Potatoes
5. Apples
6. Nuts
7. Bananas
8. Garbanzo Beans
9. Broccoli
10. Watermelon
11. Wild Rice
12. Beets
13. Butternut Squash
14. Whole Grain Pasta
15. Sardines
16. Spinach:
17. Tofu
18. Milk
19. Pumpkin Seeds
20. Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment