Friday, December 5, 2008

Tidbits

Bud and Sis have been playing silly dress-up. They combine as many costumes together as they can and then give themselves titles. While Sis usually combines some great clothes (Tiara, sunglsses, paper bunny mask, Thai "dancing costume"), she doesn't say much more than "I'm the queen." Bud, however, has been the "dancing baseball player train conductor" and the "dancing Chineser firefighter." Yep, the boy likes to dance. Which is why he put on his pink tutu for the grandparents on Thanksgiving Day!



-=-=-=-=-=-



Bud was fascinated with my digital alarm clock this morning. He said, "Mommy, why does your clock say 6-E-E?" It was 6:33 a.m. Then he watched it change to :34. And :35. Wow! This was cool.



"How long until it changes again?"



"Just a minute."



"What are the dots for?"



We watched the clock, off and on, until the big finale: 7:00.



Usually when I watch the clock, it's not a good thing. Today, it was just fine.

-=-=-=-=-

Sis has a new imaginary place called Lazytown. Apparently, it is somewhere else where people just don't move. They "laze." Lots of "lazing." I asked if I could go there. No. "You're here. And you move." When I asked if she'd been, Sis said, "No, don't you want me here?" Of course. It's come up several times, and they even built the town in blocks at preschool apparently. Bud is in on the delusion. But Sis seems to own the details. I'd love to go. I could laze with the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment