Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Resolutions, Part 2

Motherlode explores parenting resolutions today, with links to Parents.com's "50 Ways to Be a Fantastic Parent," a blog that asks for one-word resolutions, and another whose writer's trick is to pretend she is 20 years older.

As parents, Mama and I have chosen "get more sleep." And we're actually doing pretty well with that one already. I think getting more sleep--though not at 8:15 every night!--will make us better, more patient, more positive, more playful parents, as well as better partners (for pretty much the same reasons).

For me personally, well, there's always the obvious resolution about diet and exercise that most of the nation makes, or perhaps keeping in better touch with family and friends. I'm still a vegetarian and I'm cutting most sweets out of my diet except for celebrations. I also want to try to do something professional/academic this year but am not sure what form that will take, from teaching to writing (and hopefully publishing) an article to taking a class even, who knows. But something.

In the end, though, I imagine "get more sleep" will take be the best resolution of all of them. And maybe the hardest to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment