We have presents under the tree, from a box from Aunt Banana and Uncle Soccer. Bud and Sis promised not to unwrap them, under penalty of not being able to keep them. But they can shake all they want. And identify which one is whose. This occasioned great fun as we handled them all and put them under the tree.
My dad never likes presents under the tree before the big day. I think he wants the great impact of going from empty to completely full. Sure, sometimes we put out gifts that came from the couple of aunts who sent them, and my birthday presents until it was time to open those (our tree was always up by my birthday), but for the most part the tree skirt was the only thing under there.
I don't mind gifts under the tree. I like to enjoy the different wrappings, shapes, and sizes. And I'm an incorrigible gift-shaker. Love, love, love to handle the presents and try to guess what they are, even if I don't really ever want to know (I'm guessing there are a few books under there right now!! And maybe some clothes--matching??--for the kids. Aunt Banana, are those twin gifts???!!!! ). The fun is in the guessing (Mama won't show me any presents beforehand anymore, but does let me play 20 questions, though she lies if I get too close. It's just a game we play). As it is, we are usually wrapping presents right up to showtime and so it's a moot point. Though, the kids' excitement at the few presents there might be an enticement to get wrapping earlier.
Well, that is if they manage not to open them for the next few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment