Friday, December 12, 2008
Advent: Holiday Birthdays
Don't feel sorry for those of us with December birthdays. I've always been convinced that more people remember because they have something tangible to connect it to. It might not be the exact date they recall, but they know it's around here somewhere. And oftentimes, at least when I was a kid, I think that meant I got more birthday presents from people who might not otherwise remember. Now, it just means that my gifts all come to me in one month and by, say, May or June, I'm tempted to buy things for myself because it'll be six months until I get another present (though, now there's Mother's Day, which means I'm covered!) It's not really about presents for me anymore; I just like to celebrate. Which is why I'm hosting my own birthday party with the kids. And making chocolate cake with purple frosting!!! And Sis has requested games . . . it'll be great. "It's my birthday and I'll party if I want to!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment