I mentioned that Mama and I like to share a cuppa in the evenings. It goes without saying, I think, that I drink tea throughout the day, usually Earl Grey with milk, but sometimes other blends, herbal or flavored. Now, I'm experimenting with my own mixtures, inspired by an article in the NYTimes as well as by our Friday Friend's lemon-mint water. I've tried the lemon-mint, finding it very refreshing as long as I drank it all relatively quickly (too much lemon, otherwise, I think). And now I've made a mint tea like a former museum associate of mine, who made it with huge handfuls of mint, tea bags, and sugar, preferring it cold right now. I had heard, somewhere, though I can't find where, about a Californian tradition of putting fresh fruit right inside a watercooler (but, really, wouldn't the fruit get gross before the cooler was emptied??). Instead, trying to find it right now, I found an infusion pitcher that has a pierced tube in the middle. But I think I can save myself $29 and put mint, berries, citrus, cucumber, melon, herbs, whatever, in my little water pitcher directly. And, drinking 8 glasses of water a day, I can change the blend frequently!
-=-=-=-=-=-
AZ's Mint Tea
2 black teabags
bunch of mint, washed
sugar to taste
Boil 2 quarts of water. Pour water into heat-proof pitcher. Add teabags and mint, stems and leaves. Remove teabags within 1-2 minutes; tea is almost entirely for color and under flavor. Add approximately 1 tablespoon of sugar. Serve hot or cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment