And then we went and painted our own watercolors of the ocean, both silly and surprising (just like Wiesner's book). First, Bud and Sis created octopi at play. Then I painted various crustaceans on an underwater playground. Then they did too. Then I painted a lighthouse at night, with stars glowing . . . in the sea! (Yep, sea stars!) Then they did too. Finally, I painted a coral reef fast-food restaurant.
Then they were off to something else. Sis wanted to be a sea turtle. So we strapped her cardboard box (yes, they each have much loved and very tattered boxes, which have been boats, cars, trains, tables, houses, rockets, you name it) to her back with a scarf and she was able to retreat into it just like a turtle. First, I was supposed to be an attacking shark, scaring her into her shell, but eventually I was the turtle mommy. Bud couldn't resist and soon strapped his box to his back as well. There we were running back and forth across the beach into the water to find something to eat.
If only there was a coral reef restaurant!
No comments:
Post a Comment