I'm still using my sourdough starter regularly, about every two weeks, and am looking for other things to make besides a loaf of sourdough bread. On Saturday, it was a toss up between sourdough pizza crust and crumpets. The crumpets won! And they would've have been so good with your prizewinning marmalade, Lambeth!
Maybe pizza next week . . . .
-=-=-=-=-=-
Sourdough Crumpets
1 cup unfed starter (When I feed my refrigerated starter and save out a cup, I wait 2 hours so that the unfed cup can come back to life, so to speak)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Mix starter with sugar, salt, and soda. Whisk thoroughly and then wait for bubbles. Whisk again right before you cook them.
Heat skillet on stove. Make crumpets like pancakes (or, use 4" crumpet ring filled with 1/4" batter). Cook over low until tops are full of holes and then flip and continue cooking.
When crumpets are cooked, pop them in the toaster to brown and crisp. This is key. Serve with butter and jam.
King Arthur Flour website
No comments:
Post a Comment