Friday, July 16, 2010

It Starts

School supplies at the store.

Clothes purchases for the first weeks of school.

Babysitter setting her last week for the second week of August.

It's mid-July and summer rapidly seems to be ending. Early. With school.

And I really was doing fine. Handling graduation and orientation, both theirs and Babysitter's, as well as could be expected. But it all hit me rather hard today, which was just a day of innocent and innocuous errands. Sure, I've had a mental tab of things running for weeks now: rearrange dental appointment for kids so as not to coincide with class, check on bus orientation RSVP, look into Girl Scout troop opportunities, order school spirit gear, put together photo album of kids with Babysitter as a going away present. But those have been pushed aside as we went to Texas and then celebrated birthdays.

Now there is nothing big between us and school, with Babysitter's departure after 5 years here, a sad foretaste of anxiety for us all. I mean, Bud already dreads being separated in class and mentions it almost daily. And now he's taken to not letting go of Babysitter as she tries to leave each day. Mind you, I've been as normal and perky as possible; I'd like to think I'm not leaking stress. But I'm guessing I'm deluding myself.

Well, no delusions today, I'm kinda down about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment