Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thanks, Y'all!

Mercy, I must usually be perky on this blog or else that last post was excessively negative because people came out of the woodwork to wish us well.

Thanks to Lambeth, for his cheering international call and dose of perspective.

Thanks to Mama Teacher, for calling first thing to see how Sis was.

Thanks to Gommie, because, even though we didn't pick up, entrenched in blanket castles, we were glad to know you called.

We have transformed the entire living room into some kind of medieval village, with two huge castles made of couches, tables, pillows, blankets, and heavy books. And we had an early lunch of their favorite dumplings, a whole cantaloupe, and ice cream. Both activities have contributed to our improved moods. Even Mama sounded better on the phone just now, when I called to tell her that the upsetting kindergarten rumors were unfounded. And the cats have gone to sleep for the day.

Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Wednesday is budget day...50 million people will be maoning...you will hear the cries of disgust in NYC. Gas tax up, clothing taxes up, tobacco tas up, wine tax up, income tax up.

    What do I care, at the best I have only 20 years to live and will be in my coffin while others are paying for the Olympic Games

    ReplyDelete