Friday, March 5, 2010

Making It Up as I Go Along

I didn't know what to make for dinner last night. I had leftover ABC soup, from leftover chicken, and so I made pot pie by adding flour to the soup and baking it all in a double crust. It's not the best food I've ever made but they ate it last night for dinner and today for lunch, so that has to count for something, right?

Meanwhile, I put a container of frozen beans on the stove to heat up, thinking it was the leftover Soupe du Berry I made when Gommie was here. And so after I served the kids, I went to scoop soup for me. Only it wasn't soup but just boiled beans--the beans I hadn't used for the red wine-laced soup. Blah, boiled beans aren't really a meal without fiddling with them some, so I sauteed some garlic and added about 2/3 of a bottle of chunky salsa. And truly, it was one of the best bean meals I've made!

Or was it all making a virtue of a necessity?

No comments:

Post a Comment