Sunday, March 21, 2010

Epiphany

I was lying in the bathtub, flat on the bottom, perfectly content. And I suddenly realized something (else) about my body: the new diagnosis of lordosis, or flat upper back/straight spine where it should curve, explains why I sit bolt upright in any car seat (almost at a right angle), am comfortable in church pews (as long as I have a cushion to sit on), and am never comfortable in "supportive" curved chairs like recliners or airplane seats or stadium seating in theaters.

Who knew?

Now, if I could only figure out why I just can't be comfortable in denim, even if the jeans fit.

1 comment:

  1. I go along with you as far as denims are concerned, I had a pair some 40 years ago, found them uncomfortable and do not plan to have any more. Which is upsetting because I expect my clothes to last at least 20 years, and have things here to prove it. My father had the same approach but as he got older he got less active and had to buy larger waists. Also he ate too much! And do not spend too long in that bath, your skin will go wrinkly. Then you will look your age instead of 25. I was in a steam room recently and was asked by a lady to guess her age, having looked at her skin I said '40-45'. Without hesitation she flung her arms round my neck and kissed me. I do not know who she was.

    ReplyDelete