Monday, March 8, 2010

Big Fat Love

Have you ever noticed that lowfat and nonfat products, particularly dairy products like milk and yogurt, are bitter? It's most noticeable in the plain varieties of course because most nonfat/lowfat yogurts are heavily flavored with aspartame and other chemical junk so that you can't taste the bitter lowfat dairy.

But go try some whole milk or whole yogurt. Oh my word, creamy and almost sweet, even when plain. Not bitter at all and only slightly sour-tangy, for the yogurt, as it should be. I just had some organic plain full fat CREAM TOP yogurt and I love it!

I've read that they have to add back dried cholesterol to lowfat dairy to give it some body and that this is worse for you than the original fat. I don't know much about that, but I know what I like. And if I just have to eat or drink less of it, I will. Gimme that ol' time dairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment