Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Start Your Wheat Berries!

I don't know where I first saw the project of growing your own Easter grass--I know it involved wheat berries and a bucket and that it was easy to do quickly. So I just bought the wheat berries and now can't find the magazine with the project instructions. So, thank heavens for the internet because I have found numerous sites with the instructions, which are, basically:

  1. Get a container, potting soil (or just plain dirt), plastic wrap, and wheat berries (which are at our local health food store).
  2. Fill the container with potting soil and completely cover with wheat berries.
  3. Water.
  4. Cover with plastic wrap and keep warm.
  5. Check moisture each morning; water if necessary.
  6. Remove plastic wrap when grass begins to grow and place in sunny spot.
  7. Trim grass with scissors if necessary.
  8. Decorate container for Easter.
I'll let you know how it goes. We'll start tomorrow and hopefully have something by the weekend. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment