Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Want to Be a Boy

Sis decided today that our family needs another boy.

No, she wasn't talking about a daddy.

Mama doesn't want me to go into exactly what Sis wanted, so I'll just say that she has decided that she wants to be a boy.  They're cool.  Which is exactly what Bud keeps telling her.

I tried to explain that girls were pretty neat too.  And then, even though we've stressed equality for the genders, I had to come up with why.  Biologically speaking, which was her main concern at the time.  Since they beat us with the peeing-standing-up thing, what could I say?  

"Um, girls can have babies.  If they want to."

Ohmygod, did I really say that?  I have just taken a turn into a parenting (and feminist) nightmare.

"Really?" she asked, suddenly curious.  Help me, help me, help me.

"Right, boys can't have babies by themselves.  They can't be pregnant.  You don't have to either.  If you don't want to."  CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!

And then she seemed to decided that girls were okay, because she said, "I will have a baby and give it to Bud, since he can't."  Awh.

I can't tell if I dodged that bullet or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment