6:30 We finally let Bud get out of bed.
7:30 Ma and Gong call to say they are on their way and should be here by 8:30, having picked up Goo in Manhattan. The kids are treated to a special morning viewing of "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown," one of Mama's favorites.
8:30 Start kugel by boiling noodles (remember: your making 1/2 batch so you don't need 9 eggs!). Hopefully the family will arrive. The kids will be thrilled. Mama makes breakfast sandwiches for them while I eat more cardamom bread.
9:30 Start rolls. Sis is very excited that we are making the rolls from scratch, even if that term confused her. We'll probably do a practice egg hunt with everybody, inside or out depending on the rain (yes, it's raining). Huh, I haven't my leftover cascarrones from last year--the confetti-filled eggs of Texas fiesta traditions--though, I'm not sure I want those broken here in the house.
10:00 Ham goes in the oven at 325F for 1 1/2-2 hours. Remember to make cream cheese frosting for the carrot cake I made last night. Somewhere in here, while kids are playing, make the pimiento cheese sandwiches (the cheese spread has been in the fridge since last night). Cute little triangles, no crust, yummy cheese spread.
11:30 Put the rolls in the oven, along with the green bean casserole.
12 noon Lunch, except we always go over schedule by about 30-45 minutes.
The Volvo Ocean Race to Boston has just started, I am in position 15454 but it will get better. Will let off a flare as I pass your nearest town.
ReplyDelete