Even if these were only 3 feet tall!
Yep, children's art.
My kids' artistic creations are on public exhibition, and not just the walls of my refrigerator, bathroom door, basement door, kitchen, living room, and Mama's cubicle, or the school.
Nope, a painting each by Bud and Sis hangs alongside works of other 3' foot tall, 3 and 4 year old artists. And so we admired them all, but Bud and Sis's most, of course. Though, truth be told, I'm not sure they could actually have picked their own works out of the line-up (and my mommy shame, I thought Bud's was Sis's because he put her initial on it!). Then we had cookies and fruit (guess who had what), wandered the gallery with several paintings and sculptures, and then went to a special evening family dinner.
If I were Michael Kimmelman or Roberta Smith, the exhibition would get a glowing review in the NYTimes. As it is, I'll just be a proud mommy here.
No comments:
Post a Comment