Monday, April 20, 2009

Gimme a Break

Incident #1:  When Mama suggested that going to the dentist would be some kind of break, I nearly bit her head off (of course, this was while I could still bite).

Incident #2:  When the dentist suggested that the visit would be some kind of break, I suggested he knock me out completely.  He didn't.  Instead, he realized that I'm the kind of patient not totally deadened by Novacaine because I could feel him hit nerves several times.  And this is work that will probably have to be repeated every 3-5 years (the filling of abfraction lesions, for those interested).  My kind of break.  If I were into S&M.

Incident #3:  When the kids heard me talk and try to smile, they looked at me, frightened.  It's the same look I get from Bud when I get my hair trimmed (or even washed).  "You're not Mommy.  I want you to be Mommy!"

Hell, with breaks like these, I'll stay at work, thank you very much.  

And I couldn't even go get coffee to make myself feel better.  But I did buy 3 pints of Haagen-Dazs.  For "dinner."  

1 comment:

  1. Consider yourself lucky to have such an interesting dental condition. My dental work so far has consisted of a few exrtractions and a number of fillings. My teeth seem to have improved since I started using an electric brush, 15 seconds for each 1/8 of the mouth. I use sensodyne paste. Good luck, accept the pain with resignation.

    ReplyDelete