Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Break-fast

Okay, "break"-sayings related to my dental experience getting tired?

Couldn't resist a last one.

I don't know what caused it--the novacaine, my period, stress, hunger--but I'm not that interested in eating right now.  Which, of course, is odd.   Chewing solid food hurt the first day and then an upset stomach kept me from returning to regular food the second day.  Now, here on the third day, I'm not quite back to normal.

So, I'm eating bread.  Homemade bread.  From our first bread machine experiments.  And it's divine.  The kids even had some with me this morning:  Sis had hers as a toasted cheese sandwich; Bud's was a jelly sandwich.  Mine had a tiny smear (is that an oxymoron?) of marmalade, to go with my tea.  I might just be like Frances and eat bread and jam all day long.

-=-=-=-=-
Traditional White Bread for Bread Machine
Our favorite (and only) from scratch bread recipe.  Just remember to put the paddle in before you start, Mama!

1 cup lukewarm milk

2 tablespoons lukewarm water

3 tablespoons butter, melted

2 ½ tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoon salt

3 ¼ cup King Arthur Flour

2 ¼ teaspoons yeast

 

            Mix wet ingredients and place in pan first.  Add sugar, flour, and then yeast in that order.

            Bake.

 

bread machine instruction book

No comments:

Post a Comment